liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Monday, January 16, 2006

INJECTION SEVENTEEN

INJECTION SEVENTEEN

Last week went quite well, considering.  Went to see doctor and started on mixed inhaler as well as salbutamol; inhaler looks quite trendy, good since it is steroids.

Side effects started again on Thursday, with another ‘small’ kick from my asthma, but more controllable this time.

Had my 12 week test results on Monday.  They lost my thyroid one so had to dado it.  My blood sugar is quite high and, #*#8#* the virus is still detectable, so it looks like in for the 48 weeks.  Was given the amounts but lost the paper and nurse has not rang back with them yet.  I think it was 15 international units per mil (which nurse said was low) and cannot remember the rest.  Will ring her again tomorrow.

I am finding that I am generally much better now, but trends are changing.  I seem to be very tired the first few days and do nothing, but wake up on Saturdays very energetic and attack the house like on a mission (which I don’t mind) apart from the fact that I also get a bit manic.  Just waiting to take my next injection in a while, and start the next turn of the merry go round.

My weight is still dropping but also is my muscle tone disappearing.  My skin is bearing up but aging rapidly; I am getting lots of brown liver spots (the first have appeared on my face this week) and just, to my horror, have found little red veins on my face.  I guess this is not reversible so looking in catalogues for pretty carnival masks, hehehe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home