liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

FIFTEEN AND SIXTEEN

FIFTEEN AND SIXTEEN INJECTIONS

Wow! Cannot believe I am now on the sixteenth week, time has just disappeared.

Last week I had a good one, apart from the headaches (still on six painkillers a day) which are not nice.  But after my experience of the 12th and 13th week, nothing can be as bad.
The New Year is here and I feel I have more energy; even my appetite is returning, and my love of chocolate.  I even bought an exercise dvd to start toning up (albeit a gentle Pilates one with 10 minute workouts); I have found that my muscle pain and tension is helped by gentle stretching movement; it kind of oil the joints.  An inside job, someone told me; quite right.
However, still enjoying my new lazy lifestyle, in bed till late, TV, etc.  all I need now is to find someone to serve my breakfast in bed, hehehe! Down, girl.

I must say that whatever my reservations on antidepressants, I can now see their benefit.  They haven’t changed who I was before tx, they have actually taken me back to who I was then, just normal but with my love of life.
Skin itchy today, but no rashes or breaks (I have been lucky and so has my vanity); hair a little dry but nothing that conditioner can’t help.

Will report back if things change during the week.

5 Comments:

Blogger carol said...

So pleased you are feeling a bit better. Don't know what it is but everyone seems to feel bad around week 12.
Hope things continue to improve.

11:01 am  
Blogger misspoppy said...

Hi Lili

It really is good to hear you go from strength to strength.

The transformation is amazing and the pills have had a miraculous effect in that treatment is now tolerable for you. There is a lot to be said for using these pills in certain circumstances. You made the right choice.

Hugs
Miss Poppy x

5:01 pm  
Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Lili,

You sound SO much better, I just wanted to comment and say how happy I am for you that things are improving. Hope that your treatment continues to fly by - you are almost there! All best wishes,
Sue

4:04 pm  
Blogger purpleswallow said...

Hi Carol, Poppy, and Sue

Thanks,girls. It is so reassuring to know there is people out there fighting shoulder to shoulder with me. It make this whole experience so much more bearable.
If you read ny newest post, I had a little bleep with my asthma rearing it uggly head. Maybe it was all the cheese and chocolate that I down over Christmas, or the Claire Sweeney DVD I heavy breathed my way through tuesday and wednesday.
Oh well, I don't do things by half. Al least I reckon I shall die fighting, never give up is my moto. Or should that read 'stubborn as a mule and impulsive as a bull in a china shop'. Hehehe!

6:59 pm  
Blogger Sreenivasa S said...

Hi you have got a good info on your blog which is worth reading, even I have a Muscle toning related website and blog. I should say good job done

7:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home