liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Friday, December 16, 2005

CITALOPRAM OR INTERF

CITALOPRAM OR INTERFERON?

Friday 16th of December.  I spoke to my nurse today after realizing that for the last few days I have been quite ‘out of my head’ by night time.  Just not aware of times, finding things I did not know I put there, texting people at one and two in the morning, normal texts, just not aware of the time, convinced it to be about 10pm (amazed this morning when checking back after an answer)
My nurse says it is not the Citalopram but the Interferon. Just to give the antiDs a chance to work.  I am not so sure. Why the sudden change? Not a very safe feeling to know that by nighttime I turn into a mad zombie and do stuff I am not sure of. Especially when I live on my own.  My poor cat must hide at night, no wander he sleeps all day!  After the fall I still feel off balance and out of it, my confidence has really taken a knock.  Nurse’s advice is to lay low and not do much.  At the moment I couldn’t do anything else.

2 Comments:

Blogger misspoppy said...

Hi Lili,
If you don't do this already, try taking the citalopram in the mornings, this is what the doc advised me to do if I found they kept me awake. As you know I had to come off them so I don't know if this will work.
Its interesting what your nurse said about this forgetfulness or lack of awareness of time being the interferon rather that the citalopram. This could answer a lot of questions for me, I had trouble remembering if I had attended my friend's funeral in July last night!
I hope the pills are helping you in other respects.
All the best Lili, I hope you have a good and gentle christmas.
Miss Poppy x

5:36 pm  
Blogger purpleswallow said...

Hiya, honey,

Oh, dear, I have experienced stuff like that too, but somehow now I do not care; a bit embarrassing at times around people I dont know, but hey! who cares?

Feeling better now, but they are keeping me awake, and I take them in the mornings. The sleeplessness started when I went from 10 to 20mg. I have bought myself a dvd player for my bedroom for Xmas. That way I can put favorite films on if I cant sleep instead of just laying there..........
Hope you having a @silly smiles' Xmas (hehehe! I have read your cannabis post)
love
lili

2:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home