liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Saturday, January 07, 2006

ASTHMA INTERLUDE

ASTHMA INTERLUDE

An asthma attack has interrupted my tx honeymoon.  It started on Thursday, with what I thought was a tummy bug, really sick for 48 hours, unable to keep anything down.  And then it struck, an asthma attack like I thought I would never experience again.

I had bad asthma as a child; spent many winters off school or in hospital under an oxygen tent, but it tailed off as I hit puberty.  I had forgotten what the warning signals were, and the triggers.  There were four things I had to avoid as a child: cheese, chocolate, exercise and fumes.  We had to move away from Buenos Aires to the country when I was seven as the doctors said I may not survive another winter.  I did not know what it was like to sleep laying down till I was twelve because of it.

Now I see that my violent coughing (clear lungs according to X-ray), which started on the 6th week of tx, were the start of the build up to an attack.

I had felt so well that Monday and Tuesday I did short work outs to loosen up and tone up my disappearing muscles.  I used to run up to 40 miles a week a while back in training, and trained on the hills; my asthma was never a problem.  I also did every exercise video and class going, so my fitness was not bad.  I can only put this down to tx and now that I know, I shall ask for the ‘brown’ inhaler, the preventing ones, as the others are not helping.

My old demon that gave me a miserable childhood is back and I hate it!

3 Comments:

Blogger carol said...

Hi Lili,

Sorry to hear about you having a rough time. Yes, It is more than likely that it's the medication you are now on causing it. Can quite understand how it is worrying you.
Hope you feel a bit better very soon.
Carol

8:47 pm  
Blogger misspoppy said...

Hi Lili,
Asthma gave me a miserable childhood too and one of the doctors at the hospital thought I had asthma again when I began with chest problems on tx.
I hope the brown inhaler prevents any more attacks, you have enough to cope with and I really sympathise with this latest development.
Take care Lili you are doing remarkably well and you deserve credit for how you are coping under present circumstances.
Good wishes
Miss Poppy x

9:04 pm  
Blogger purpleswallow said...

Hiya HepC boy, Carol and Poppy

hehehe! my last name is certainly not lucky, but 'de Lamorte' of italian ascendance and it means 'of death'; quite apt really, dont you think?
Brown inhaler helping so I keep the faith, and plod on. Worried at times that i may loose friends as turning into little hittler at times. But hey, my near and dearest say they dont listen to me anyhow, so lucky that way.
Roll on number 18!
lili

4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home