liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Monday, December 05, 2005

ELEVENTH INJECTION

ELEVENTH INJECTION

Another week has gone by, a whole one, another jab due tonight.  It has been a funny week, I thought I was fine but realized hours later that ‘I’ was not ‘I’ at all but some drug crazed alien.

The side effects have been different, again!  The physical sides hit me two hours after jab, and I was really fluey for the first 24 hours, but not too bad after that.

I do not know whether they are subsiding on the 12 week threshold, or I am getting used to feeling lousy and accept it as normal.  Anyway, I can still function, of a fashion!

Totally lost my head, though, and I find that very disturbing.  I feel ‘under the influence’ of something most of the time and miss the old me.  Going to the hospital in a bit, my 12 week appt, and will discuss anti-depressants with my nurse; maybe it is time to give them a go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Missing the old me? Know exactly what you mean Lili. About week 28 I suddenly said to Sarah I wonder what I will be like after treatment.
She picked up on it straightaway and realised it would mean adjustments for her as well.
No, you are definitely not you. I was definitely not I on tx.
10 days post treatment I walked into the living room and sat down and Sarah said, “you’re back”. It was an amazing acknowledgement that I had been temporarily absent.
Your alien analogy is very good. After all an alien enters the body to take over. We inject this stuff and shovel it down like there’s no tomorrow.

One day the alien will go back to the planet Riba and Lili will be left – but you wont be the same.

Paul.

7:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home