liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Sunday, November 20, 2005

NINTH INJECTION

NINTH INJECTION.

GOOD WEEK
Today is Sunday the 20th of November.  I have not written on my blog this week, mainly because it has been a good one and I have been ‘loosely speaking’ getting on with living.

Last Monday morning I had a phone call from my nurse.  I had rung her on Friday afternoon because at the time I felt I was ‘losing the plot’!
By the time we spoke, I had started to come round, first good day in seven, but feeling apprehensive as it was jab day.
My nurse explained that I was on very high doses for my weight but if I could cope with it she would prefer to keep me at the same dose as my ALTs were responding so well (now down to 43!).  We came to an agreement that if she did not mind me ‘bending her ear’ when I got scared, I would tell her straight away if I experienced any potentially dangerous mental symptoms.

The side effects have been different again this week.  The speediness has gone and with it the mental agitation.  My boggy men have gone back to sleep; I have been calmer and managed to get on with life (as I know it now, anyway).

Side effects this time have been physical: light sensitivity, flu symptoms, extreme breathlessness and the chest from hell.  On Friday evening GP told me that I have yet another chest infection and that my asthma is back.  Ahhh!  So I was not training to make obcene heavy breathing  phone calls after all……
However, I have decided that if ‘given the choice’ I rather have physical side effects rather than mental ones. ‘ill’ but happy I can handle, emotional turmoil I do not like at all.

As for my ‘distraction’ problem, I have now got a ‘timer’ and have not burnt anything this week.  It may sound silly but it works for me.

As I said at the beginning, this week I have been ‘living’ a little, but I also have been ‘learning’ a little.  I have been learning to ‘pace myself’.  I have caught myself at times all excited,  planning all sort of exiting things I felt up to doing, but took a step back and chose to take it slow and take time out.

One thing that I have pondered about is whether the birth of my youngest granddaughter had a positive effect on my serotonin levels.
Tomorrow is injection day.  Let’s see what it brings.

3 Comments:

Blogger misspoppy said...

Hi Lili
I hope you injection went well yesterday.
Good to hear you sounding so much stronger too this week. I'm sure your grandaughter increased your seratonin levels. What a wonderful gift for grandma.
Good wishes
Miss Poppy

6:35 pm  
Blogger carol said...

Hi Lili,

Wondered why I had not seen you on the forum recently, now I know why. A new grandchild, we are expecting our second granchild in about 7 days time.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Carol

12:24 pm  
Blogger purpleswallow said...

Hi, Poppy,
Down as hell but still fighting! Hope you are having a lovely holiday.

Hi, Carol
I know! I have been away from the forum, partly cos of Alyah, but mainly because of oncoming 'blues', which have been sneaking into my head.
Oh, keep us informed on the birth of your grandchild, beautiful little bundles of happiness!

8:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home