liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Sides hit after 78 h

Side’s hit after 78 hrs

This week has been different once again.  After Monday’s jab I went on to feel quite ‘normal’, till Thursday night.  It was then that the anxiety and agitation came……  I was shaking and suddenly the world seemed a horrid place.  I realized that I had actually been ‘speeding’ my way through the previous days till I stopped.

I had spent a lovely afternoon with a friend and my daughter, nothing strenuous.  But it did make me think whether even ‘good’ stressors can be a trigger.
Sleepless nights have followed and I have a fever; I would like to know whether stress makes the side effects worse or if this week they took their time to make an appearance.  I seem to be better if I stay in, and alone, but if that’s the case, this is going to be a very long and lonely journey.

2 Comments:

Blogger MartinB said...

Hi Lili,
Your side effects seem to fall on the same days as mine, which is understandable as we have the same injection day. I think stress makes it worse, particularly on Thursdays and Fridays. Paracetamol, particularly last thing on thur/fri seems to keep your temperature down and help you sleep. You learn to cope after a while and 'withdrawing into your shell' isn't always the best strategy. Maybe occasionally during the worst bits, but don't make a habit of it!
Best wishes,
Martin

12:54 pm  
Blogger purpleswallow said...

Thanks, Martin

It is really 'bashing me' at the moment. Glad you pointed out about the 'reatreating', I know I actually said it, but it had not 'hit home'. That's definately the way I am going, specially this eithth week but not had noticed. Avoiding people, resenting visitors, feeling desperately alone and tearful at the same time.
I 'will' keep an eye on it now that I know what I am doing.

10:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home