liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Treatment and mood

Treatment and mood

Today is Wednesday the 5th, 7pm.  I have spent yesterday night, and this morning, in tears at the drop of a hat.
I know it is the treatment because nothing has happened, nothing has changed in my life; I actually quite like my life, and I am happy with ‘me’.  At least I can see that the tx blues have hit me…However, bloody not nice while I was there.

Stomach bad as well, had bad cramp like pains all morning.  Eating something with the Ribas was the hardest thing, was tempted to give it a miss but, as I was going out I forced down a lovely slice of cardboard toast.  Yukie.

Today I dragged myself to the Manchester Buddhist Center, for the start of the Breathworks course on pain management.

Really glad I went; there were people from Birmingham and Stafford, as it is a new and rare thing.  At present gathering evidence for the NHS to make it widely available. More info on www.breathworks-mindfulness.co.uk

It works on mindfulness, staying in the moment.  Today we started body scanning, a technique to ‘scan’ or concentrate on each part of the body acknowledging the feelings and sensations but without judging it good or bad.  It was extremely relaxing and grounding.  We have to practice at home everyday with a cd they gave us.  It is going to be beneficial I think as mi mood has lifted again.  Let’s see what tomorrow brings…… no, forget that, let’s enjoy ‘now’.                    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home