liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Friday, October 14, 2005

Fourth injection

Fourth injection

It is now Friday the 14th of September, 6pm.  I just got back from town, after a day out with my daughters doing the girlie thing.  Had lunch, window shopped, tried clothes on, etc, and though tired it was good.  I took my time and had sit-ins in shops or wherever as needed.  But I managed to do real stuff. And I enjoyed it, and it was good because the beginning of the week it was a different story.

I had my injection on Monday and couple of hours later knew I was in for something different.  I went all quiet and not comfy.  By next morning, my body and head was just one big sore spot.  I never had migraine before, but it felt like people describe it: constant nausea and a headache so fierce I could not open my eyes…co-codamols did not touch it and neither did the 30mg of codeine paracetamols, so I decided to sit it out and leave the painkillers alone.
Went to bed and closed my eyes……………bed don’t move, please.
I funnily had stabbing pains under my armpits??? Where did that one come from?  And behind my ears???
Thursday afternoon I started to come round and slept well.

I have realized that each week may be different as far as the type of side effects I get and the intensity.

I am glad I did not blog earlier in the week (not that I could have, hehehe or see even) because it would have all been doom and gloom.
I waited for it to pass……….and it did……… that will keep me focused for the weeks ahead.

Got to watch my weight, though, as I am losing 100gs a day, and that’s eating as much as I can force self to.  If it continues I will have to bring in the heavy brigade, banana full milk shakes (hate full fat) and extra goodies.  Thanks to a friend I have discovered Rolo puddings, which have warmed me to chocolate again (had gone off it) and they are going down well.  Every cloud has a silver lining.

I keep in mind why I am taking this treatment….. My relationship with my lovely children who are now grown up friends, and the joy I feel when my silly games tickle my little grandchildren into giggles.  I want more of that, and I shall be in their lives till they themselves are grown up.

So there, you silly monkey virus!!!!!!!!!!  I am going to beat you, because I have love on my side, lots of it……….and……… you may have infected my body, but you have not infected my spirit.  

2 Comments:

Blogger carol said...

Hi Lili,

Glad you had a good time shopping. With this treatment it's good to make the best of the good days and forget the others happened.
Don't overdo it or you may end up paying for it later. Are you taking the paracetamol 2 hours after the jab or did you wait until you felt bad? If you waited I would suggest you try taking it earlier.
I love making my grand daughter giggle as well, don't feel old enough to be a grandma but there you go.
Take care,
Carol

8:13 pm  
Blogger minerva said...

you will beat it cos you have the right attitude Lili, major respect...i have lots of music and stuff we could compare notes with i think...
hugs and Amy and Rowan love you too..
xxx

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home