liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Thursday, October 12, 2006

liliana's world
TREATMENT FAILURE

NOT MUCH TO SAY...

Nearly a month ago found out that tx had not worked ,THO UNDETECTABLE AT 24 WEEKS) and that, in just 4 weeks the VIRUS IS BACK, AND MULTIPLYING NICELY, THANK YOU. NO FURTHER TX AVAILABLE.

YES, I still have a chirrotic liver which the virus will continue to attack. My absurd dream of longevity shattered with only acceptance round the corner? NOT YET!!!

I have GONE through stages round and round, shock, sorry for self, wanna hide stage, anger stage. With the stage my liver is in, looking forward to the future seems a hard thing to do and at times I DO question of it all. Seeing my beautiful babies in the nice adults they have become; and seeing part of them in their own babies, doing the things we used to do when they were little; what should be joy is at present covered in a blanket of intangible sadness.
Going to the hospital monday for results of another scan and another battery blood tests. sometimes i live for 'just the hour', all i can manage.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Purpleswallow...I really feel for you! My heart sank when I read your news. I really hope you can find something...anything to make you feel better! Your children and your childrens children will want you to be brave and continue as you know you must.

Why is 'no further treatment' available? Do you feel you could do another 48wks? I would insist on another course!!

My thoughts are with you Purpleswallow.

Jason

9:17 pm  
Blogger minerva said...

Heart goes out to you Lili....is unfair...

10:06 pm  
Blogger minerva said...

My heart goes out to you Lili...it seems so unfair...you are strong girl!!....Dont forget that...

Sending all our love.

Heather
xxx

10:09 pm  
Blogger sal1066 said...

Hi
It has been a while but I jest wanted to let you know that there is life beyond failure. As a 3 time failer myself I speak with the voice of experience. However I don't know how it feels to have cleared only to have the virus return again which I think must be even worse for you.
Anyway the point of this waffling post is to let you know that life goes on. It may have reduced the inflamtion and that may last for a while helping your situation.
While the cirrohis will still be there hopeful this will slow its advance so try to look at it as having been partly successful.
Another round of Tx may not have such severe sides. Some people appear to become resistant to the harsher effects of Tx. Anyway don't give up hope yet come and sit next to me (vitually anyway)and we can wait for the next new Tx to arrive together!!!!
Take care.
Sally
seadragonlady@btinternet.com

5:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home