liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Friday, March 24, 2006

INJECTION 27TH

INJECTION 27TH

This has been my best week yet.  My own fault really, having spent the last month spreading myself around like the last bit of butter the day before payday.  That’s what I blame anyway, now I am coming round.
Having spent Monday and Tuesday am with clenched teeth twenty four hrs after injection I just literally ‘lost my head’, feeling like death and unable to keep anything down or leave my bed.
One thing I have learned to my cost is how unpredictable this tx is, how side effects can come back and catch you unawares; of course because I had forgotten the first time round it took me a while to click.
I have also learned that all this ‘positive stuff’ that I try to hold on to can at times border on the denial.  Well, you know what?  I decided it is okay to feel crap and lick my wounds from time to time, no shame in that; no brownie points in pretending I am doing just dandy and then break up in a sobbing heap.
I have also learned how many friends I have who love me; maybe I should learn to love myself a little more.
Anyway, today is Friday and have finally got out of bed and managed to eat something.  Another battle over, another week closer to victory.
And Yes, the battle Is worthwhile and even the nastiest episodes pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home