liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Saturday, April 08, 2006

28th AND 29th INJECT

28th AND 29th INJECTIONS

On the first week I recovered slowly but still felt very down and tired, with pain and cramps on my legs. I went away with friends at the weekend and although I took it easy, I was unable to enjoy any dancing.  It may sound silly, but dancing for me is one of my escape routes and however I’m feeling my body takes over (not necessarily jumping up and down).  For the very first time ever, half a song and had to sit down so out of breath.  Oh well, it should come back after tx.
Think the higher dose of antiDs is starting to work.

On the Monday (inj 29 due) I set off to the hospital. Big day for me, 24wk PCR results due and an ultrasound as well.
The virus RNA is undetectable by PCR; HCV viral load >15 iu/ml; log value >1.18.
This fantastic result was somewhat overshadowed by the ultrasound which showed obvious signs of cirrhosis, a 1cm eclogenic lesion, a benign haemargioma, and other regenerative nodules.  Great, I said, my liver is regenerating, but no, it tried to but couldn’t stick the new cells onto the bumpy surface and these nodules are funny shaped cell groups, good to nobody.
Therefore I have to have a CT scan to have a better look. But this should be okay as the ultrasound also showed that the portal vein flow is normal, and the kidney, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen and kidney are all normal; and no scites.
Injection 29 went okay, no obvious sides, in fact I went out on Tuesday and had a good day.  Was also out on Wednesday and had another good day.  My mood is up, and I guess it’s the extra Citalopram as I have been buzzing a bit last two days (long forgotten cupboards tidied! And several hrs of music downloads lol).
My skin is still stuck to me, looks like the desert floor but no rashes or sore; my normally thick and kinky hair is falling out heavily but evenly and is easier to keep smooth I have decided not to cut it.  I may as well hang on to what I have got. Lol

Anyway, today is Saturday and had to look up in the diary to see how many inj I’d had?  After Monday I have EIGHTEEN to go!!!  Cannot believe I have come this far, AND that I still have friends and a family, they are so so good at keeping their faces expressionless when I come out with my rantings.  If I ever ever go again on one of my ‘nobody loves me’ trips, I shall give myself a good kick up the bum!
Oops, it’s becoming clear that I am on a speedy high, so better close.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home