liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

25TH INJECTION

25TH INJECTION

WEEK 24. HALF WAY THROUGH

On Monday I went to the hospital for my 24 week check.  I had my viral load test and, according to the doc, they will keep me on tx for another 48 weeks, whatever the results. My response was not one of acceptance but one of apathy.  What a couple of weeks ago I referred to as ‘getting used to it’ now has become apathy.
According to the doc, my blood levels are holding and ‘I am doing well’?
But I also have a bronchial infection and taking antibiotics once more.

I have been feeling weak and exhausted, struggling to keep up with my interests and spending most of the time in bed.  
I tend to think that I got through the family crisis on adrenaline and now am paying the price of not pacing myself.  I have spent most of the last seven days in bed, and if I don’t watch it I could slip into the downward spiral of depression.  
I need to reintroduce some activity back into my life.  Isolation is not good, especially when it is my experience that I feel better when I get among people, even if tiring.

On a positive note, my body may be running out of petrol but my head is in a nice place.  I have not had manic episodes for many weeks now and I feel quite good about myself for coming this far.

The last 24 weeks have flown, I have gained a deeper knowledge of myself, and what is important to me.
In my experience, the stress caused by fear pre tx was greater than the reality.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Lili,

Congratulations on half way through! So glad to hear how positive you're feeling. This experience really does provide some amazing insights into our lives.

Hope that the final stretch of treatment passes painlessly and quickly for you.
sue

1:43 pm  
Blogger purpleswallow said...

Thanks for your support, Sue,
this is life for me at present; but try to see it as yet another experience (and believe me I've had a few)

2:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home