liliana's world

My experience of HepC treatment

Name:
Location: Bolton, United Kingdom

argentinian born, into shamanic practice and self development. I am a teacher and craft person, but not working at present

Monday, January 30, 2006

NINETEENTH INJECTION

NINETEENTH INJECTION

After the previous week’s fiasco, the pattern was different.  It baffles me how unpredictable this tx is regarding the way side effects affect me personally.

It was a good week until Friday morning, when I woke up really tired and breathless.  This was followed by a very sleepy weekend; even if I pushed myself to get out for inspiration, it was hard to keep awake.  At least I know I am not staying in bed due to depression, I would be quite happy if was awake; just that little entity that takes my batteries out.

On Monday I went to the hospital and had more blood tests.  My platelets have not gone any further down and my hemoglobin is 11.6.  It seems the results are good.  So another scare over.  I had some valuable advice from the forum which helped me through the weekend.  The information I got has also made me more aware of what can go wrong.  My calf is still bruised and not a pretty sight; at least it is still winter!  Still bruising easily at the slightest bump but no other problems.

5 Comments:

Blogger carol said...

Hi Lili,

Great news about your blood tests, perhaps we can all stop worrying about you for a while.
Take care, speak soon,
Carol

8:19 pm  
Blogger purpleswallow said...

Hiya, barryclee

nice to hear from you. Yes, I am also being treated in M/c; my guess is it will be MRI, which I found helpful so far.
The side effect are different for everyone, but the fear is the worst part. I was also worried if I could cope, but the reality was not as bad as feared. Yes, at times it can get you down a bit, but it passes, and then it is okay again (at least in my experience).
The diagnosis time I found the hardest by far; be gentle with yourself and try keep positive.

12:20 pm  
Blogger purpleswallow said...

Hi, Carol

Yeap, another panic over. Now on week 20 but tx still surprises me; I try not to run scared, but not that easy at times.
Hope you and Martin are keeping well.

12:23 pm  
Blogger purpleswallow said...

Hi, Sanyasi

I just went onto www.blogger.com and folled 'create a blog' and then followed the instructions. I had to play around a bit with it as I had not done it before. You can also put piccies in the blog, but that still baffles me, I keep making mistakes. I keep it simple.
Sorry for not being more helpful and good luck.

6:04 pm  
Blogger Sreenivasa S said...

Hi you have got a good info on your blog which is worth reading, even I have a Muscle toning related website and blog. I should say good job done

1:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home